Friday, February 24, 2012

Really?!

They say it's my birthday....Happy Birthday to me!  I'm hearing that song in my head.  Are you hearing it?  What a whirlwind kind of week I've had.  I found out this week that my job, and entire department, was being eliminated and my last day of work would be today...on my birthday.  Really?  Yea, really! 

Initially, that was a bummer and I'd really be gossiping if I went into the details of what that company is all about, but suffice it to say that I've come to realize that my unexpected departure was all for the best.  God had an exit strategy for me.  Not exactly what I would have chosen or expected, but for my benefit, nonetheless.  I recently prayed that God would free me up to do more ministry with my husband.  Be careful what you pray for, because God has the prerogative and power to answer.  He is faithful to give us that which fulfills His purposes.  Really!

As I awoke this morning, I was reminded that God doesn't often make Himself known in the ways that I would expect.  Most people who know me, also know that I hate snow - unless it's on a  mountain in beautiful Colorado!  Yet, this morning there was such a magnificent blanket of snow here in the Midwest.  My usual disdain for such weather was quickly dissolved as I took in the beauty of the landscape.  Just as that blanket of snow had thoroughly covered the tree branches and transformed them into a beautiful masterpiece, God's comfort and peace had blanketed me with His strength and love and was continuing to transform my heart.  What a special birthday gift.  It was not at all what I expected, but such a blessing! Really:-)

Romans 8:28, "And we know that in ALL things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."  NIV




2 comments:

Patty Sumner said...

God takes care of His people. Yes, be careful what you pray for.....I have to smile as I read this. I look back upon my life and God has answered my prayers, not as I would have imagined, but, still giving me exactly what I needed at that time. Sometimes, He gave me exactly what I ask for until I has so much of it that I was begging, Lord, Please release from my stupidity. I know God will do great things in your life. I believe God intends for you and Bill to minister together. Keep us posted. Romans 8:28. Yes, things to "work" out for the good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. God did not allow you and Bill to expereince what you have so far to send you in different directions. Blessings!

Carolynn said...

Thanks Patty! I value your wisdom and encouragement!