Sunday, January 17, 2010

Further prayer requests

The needs in Haiti, even before this past week's devastating earthquake, but especially in the aftermath of the disaster, are monumental. Please continue to pray for these precious people. They need compassion and love in many forms. Pray that the financial, physical and spiritual needs of this country and it's people will be met like never before. God loves them and they need to see His love through His people. Please continue to pray for them and do whatever you can to help as God leads you to do so. That's what God's people do.

I was thinking about all that's going on in the world. Trouble is something we can be assured of. Yet we can hold on to hope in a faithful God. He never leaves us or foresakes us and He will be with us through whatever trials we may endure. It seems that, with an event like this week's earthquake, there is a boatload of trouble going on. We needn't fear, though. Our God is a big God. He can handle the prayers of ALL His people.

In the bible, Job was afflicted with significant trouble. The cause for which is unclear. What is clear is that God, in His perfect timing, healed and rewarded Job. It's interesting that this blessing came after Job prayed for his friends. Let this be a reminder that we should continually pray for the needs of others. They matter to God and, therefore, they should matter to us. He doesn't actually "need" us, but, thankfully, He uses us to bless others when we allow Him to. Our blessings are so sweet when we surrender to His plan and allow Him to use us to bless others.

Considering that our God can handle a multitude of prayer requests, I would be remiss not to continue to ask for your prayers of agreement for God to completely heal me of the breast cancer I have been diagnosed with. Not only do I believe and trust in the power of prayer, but I am a particularly satisfied customer in prayers of specificity. With that being said, I am praying for God to heal me in any way He chooses to and for Him to be glorified in and through my current "trouble". Please join with me to specifically pray that God will do the following:
*heal me through supernatural intervention, i.e. a miracle, or
*heal me through the surgeons and/or medical professionals who will be involved in any treatment I may have to undergo
*give the surgeon and medical staff wisdom and giftedness to "encapsulate" the entire area that is affected and remove it completely
*not allow any cancer to be in lymph nodes or to spread to any other area of my body, i.e. bloodstream, organs or bones - again - let it be safely and completely removed from my body
*allow any needed follow-up treatment to be completely effective without any further danger or harm to me or my body
*surround me, Bill, Kristen, our family and friends with your peace that comes from knowing that YOU are in control and that YOU are good and faithful.
*allow this trial in my life to be used for good to help others and to shine a light on YOU, your goodness and your faithfulness.

The lumpectomy surgery is this Friday, January 22nd, at OSF - St. Anthony's Hospital in Rockford, IL. I go in at 8:00 am for needle placement and anesthesia preparation. The surgery is scheduled for 11:00 am.

Bill will give an update on facebook as soon as he is able to. To get an update, you can send him a friend request if you are not already on his friend list. We will also try to update my facebook status if possible.

God's blessings to you and THANK YOU for your prayers for me and others who are in need of God's grace and mercy. He is GOOD!

My soul magnifies the Lord, for He has done great things for me!

4 comments:

Patty Sumner said...

What a blessing! you have already gave the Lord the glory! Praise God for your love and peace at this time. God bless you and Bill and your daughter. I will pass your requests to some praying people that I know and our church. I feel confident that the Lord will do great things! You have already began to open up and give glory so I cannot wait to hear the rest of the story!

KyleLee said...

Carolynn, you are a light of kindness and love and acceptance in a cold and lost world. You truly live the faith you have been gifted with and you have been a safe haven for me when I've been buffeted by life's storms. Thank you! Please know that I am here and I will do what I can to be that kind of friend to you! You walk by faith, not by sight. Praise God!

Judy Jacobs said...

Carolyn, you may not remember me, but you and Bill came to our church several years age and Bill shared his testimony with our congregation, to which I might add was such a blessing and encouragement. You and Bill then came to our house for lunch and we sat on the screened in porch all afternoon and fellowshipped together along with our daughter and her husband, Amy and Jason Liddle. Such a blessing! I am new to your blog and I just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed reading your posts. I am so sorry to hear of your illness and I want you to know that I, along with the rest of our family will be lifting you up to the Lord as you go through surgery. We claim the victory now! May God bless you and Bill and all that He is doing through you now and in the future! You are a blessing and an encouragement to me and so many others!

Unknown said...

Carolyn hi :) its Debbie, I went to school with Bill in Harlem at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel. im so happy to see what a great man that he turned out to be... very proud of him...God bless you both .. i enjoy reading your blog .. you are an AMAZING woman. God bless
Debbie