Saturday, December 19, 2009

God is God!

I wanted to keep family and friends updated on what's going on with me and our family, so I'll probably put postings on this blog periodically to give any new information for those of you that may want to be kept in the loop. So many have offered their prayers, love, support and more to me and Bill in the last few days and I am totally overwhelmed by your graciousness and kindness. Many do not know what's going on yet and some are lifting us up in prayer, whether I'm aware of it, or not. I feel it and I'm thankful.

I went in a couple of weeks ago for a routine mammogram and got called back for a second look because of some suspicious spots that looked like calcifications. I had a biopsy on the right breast this past Tuesday and was informed on Wednesday that it was cancer. I had an MRI Thursday night to pinpoint more specific details of just how large it is and if it is anywhere else on either side. I should hear more definitive information on Monday.

I am blessed to be in a community and church family that is spectacular and to have family and friends across the country that are lifting me up in prayer. I've had two of our elders pray for me already...one has been through this experience and is celebrating God's goodness in her life...the other is my oncologist and he is the absolute best anyone could ever ask for. God has me in the right place. The love and kindness that has been shown to me from people has blown me away. And I know that's only the tip of the iceberg. So many of you have been praying. I value your prayers so very much. Please continue to pray for God's healing powers. I'm praying that Monday's news will be the best possible news I could hear. I'm hopeful that God has outright healed me...YES, it's possible with God...or that whatever is there is revealed in totality and has been caught early and is small and easy to remove and treat. I am praying that it hasn't gotten into my blood stream or lympth nodes in order to spread to any other area in my body. I'm also praying that God will direct me in treatment options and decisions. If you could pray for me and Bill (and Kristen, my angel) we would be so grateful. Bill has been a rock and is my greatest support. Kristen is in KY and I just wish I could hug her. I just want God to protect her and give her strength. I'm counting on your prayers, along with ours, because I know God hears our prayers and He answers. I am trusting in Him.

About a month ago, Bill picked up Chris Tomlin's Christmas CD, "Glory in the Highest" for me. I fell in love with all the songs, but I was immediately drawn to a song referred to as Mary's song because the words relay the account in Luke that unfolds the birth of Jesus and Mary's heart. Mary, and the song, exclaims, "My soul magnifies the Lord, for He has done great things for me!" That song, those words, has become my theme. I will magnify and glorify Him because He is my hope.

How appropriate, at this wonderful time of year, for me to be reminded that a baby was born so that I may have life; not just any baby, but a Savior, Jesus Christ. What a gift God gave us all! My soul has to rejoice in that. My soul also rejoices in the love of God's people. I am humbled by prayers, and words, and deeds that have been showered upon me. Gifts of love. I am blessed.

I may have heard the "c" word, but I have to put it in perspective. I heard the little "c" word - cancer. It is what it is, but God is God! Because, a more important "C" word for me is CHRIST! So, big "C" trumps little "c" every time....God is God and He's the great physician!!!

Thank you for your love and prayers. I will try to keep you updated as often as I can. I thank you all for your grace and mercy. You are such a blessing to me and my family.

MY SOUL MAGNIFIES THE LORD, FOR HE HAS DONE GREAT THINGS FOR ME!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CAROLYNN MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. THANK GOD THAT WE CAN GO TO HIM TO GATHER OUR STRENGTH. I TOO BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF PRAYER AND SERVE AND AWESOME GOD. I PLACE MY TRUST IN HIM FOR ALL THINGS. YOU ARE COVERED IN THE BLOOD OF JESUS (AMEN). I WILL PRAYER THE ANSWER, (HEALING).. OVER YOU IN HIS PRECIOUS NAME. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE BEEN ON YOUR SITE. I KEPT SEEING PEOPLE POSTS ON YOUR WALL ABOUT PRAYER SO I KNEW SOMETHING MUST BE UP AND WAS HOPING TO FIND INFORMATION ON HERE. I KNOW GOD IS WITH YOU REST ASSURED YOU ARE NOT ALONE. WE LOVE YOU AND BILL AND THE MINISTRY THAT GOD HAS PLACED ON YOUR HEARTS TO SERVE HIM THRU MINISTERING TO THOSE WHO ARE SUFFERING FROM HURTS HABITS AND HANG UPS. MY HUSBAND, SON & MYSELF ATTENDED CELEBRATE RECOVRY FOR A YEAR AND IT WAS SUCH A BLESSING. MY HUSBAND IS A RECOVERING ALCHOLIC AND DRUG USER AND MY SON IS A RECOVERING ADDICT. ME, A CO-DEPENDANT. THE STRENGTH I GATHERED FROM MY LORD AND OTHERS THERE WAS TRUELY AMAZING. MY SON WHO WAS USING HERION FOR 8 YEARS HAS NOW BEEN CLEAN FOR 7 MONTHS (PRAISE GOD AMEN) WE HAVE MOVED A LITTLE FARTHER OUT OF ROCKFORD WE STILL ATTEND HEARTLAND ON SATURDAY NIGHT. OUR WORK SITUATAION IS NOT THE BEST RIGHT NOW I AM LAID OFF MY HUSBAND IS IN THE CAR BUSINESS, WE ALL KNOW WHO THAT IS RIGHT NOW SO WE HAVE TO CONSERVE ON GAS RIGHT NOW AND PLAN OUR TRIPS ACCORDINGLY. IM PRAYING THAT GOD WILL OPEN UP OPPURTUNITIES FOR MY HUSBAND AND MY SON FOR BETTER EMPLOYMENT. AND THAT MY SON WILL CONTINUE TO GROW CLOSER IN THE LORD DAILY AND BE SURROUNDED BY GODLY MEN THRU OUT HIS DAY. ONE OF MY CHRISTIAN FRIENDS WHO HAS BEEN HELPING WITH MY PRAYER LIFE TOLD ME TO PRAY THE ANSWER NOT THE PROBLEM . IT SEEMED I WAS ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT MY PROBLEMS AND SHE SAID SATEN WOULD USE THAT TO DRAG ME DOWN. GOD CAME TO GIVE US LIFE ABUNDANTLY SO TO START PRAYING THE ANSWER. IT HAS HELPED ME SO VERY MUCH. IF SOMEONE ELSE OUT THERE IS STRUGGLING WITH PRAYER I ENCOUAGE THEM TO BELIEVE IN GODS PROMISES. HE DIED TO GIVE US LIFE AND GIVE IT ABUNDANTLY. ABUNDANT HEALTH ABUNDANT PROTECTION ABUNDANT FINANCES TO MEET OUR DAILY NEEDS, ABUNDANT FRIENDS , FAMILY. ABUNDANT STRENGTH IN HIM ECT. I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU AND CHECKING YOUR SITE DAILY. BLESSINGS CAROLYNN. SINCERLY LYNDA HECOX-PETERS

Praying Mom said...

Carolynn you are such a great example of faith. I love you and Bill dearly and will continue to pray for you!!

susanna in KY said...

Carolynn, I'm sorry to hear that you're facing a difficult time. I definitely will be praying for your health and God's healing. I pray He will bless you as you've been a blessing to so many. Be strong in the Lord!

Vicki Rowland said...

Carolynn, I am devastated by your news, but know that God will heal you. As little children, playing at Margie's house after eating a big meal, we didn't have a care in the world. As grownup's we have to face the real world! As you probably know, it snowed here in Manchester this weekend. Our electricity went out around 3 am saturday and came back on today. I was so bored and generally upset over not having tv to watch and having to wear layers of clothes, because it was so cold in the house. Now I see how trivial my concerns were, not knowing that my cousin is facing something so terrible. It makes me feel so guilty now.

One good thing came from not having electricity. Mom had bought Bill's book, "They Call Me White Jesus" and had loaned it to me in Sept. after she read it. I had just "set it aside", thinking I'd start reading it later on. Yesterday, instead of reading a mystery novel, I picked up Bill's book and literally couldn't stop reading it. I read the entire book without putting it down. I had no idea about all your trials and tribulations. I think Wade went with Dennie to Lexington to help you move into an apt. on Harrodsburg road and Wade and I took Dennie and Alice to Florence, Ky to catch a train to visit you in NY. I remember thinking how good your life must be, getting to live in NY and then Lex. and how happy you and Bill always seemed to be and I must confess, thinking you must be wealthy. As I was reading Bill's book, I was shocked at your struggle's and I learned a valuable lesson yesterday and asked God to forgive me for judging other's. I have also been angry over losing my grandson, husband, and father, as well as other things. After I read the book, I prayed the longest prayer I've ever prayed in my life and I want to thank you and Bill for that. You will never know how much the words in that book have helped me.

I pray that God will heal you and I only wish you, Kristen and Bill the best in life and will continue to pray for you.

God Bless, Vicki