Thursday, February 21, 2008

Can you hear me now?

I still have my Colorado cell phone number. I don't know what that says about me after being in Illinois for nearly 4 months now, but suffice it to say that I don't want to miss any calls. Someone may need to talk to me! I'm sure I'll stay with Verizon though. I like their coverage.

Have you ever wondered what would happen if God subscribed to Verizon? Imagine getting clear reception when He says, "Can you hear me now?"! Seriously though, how's your network working for you? Are you getting dropped calls? Wouldn't it be great to have a connection so solid that we are able to hear from God when He calls our name? And how about that coverage?!

The truth is, His network is failproof. If we call on Him in prayer, He hears us. If we seek Him through His word, we find Him. If we look for Him in creation, He will be seen. Yes, reception on His end seems to be ours for the asking. We can always reach God by just calling His name. Yet, many times, when He tries to reach us, we miss His call. Could be we're out of our network or we've turned off communication. I don't know about you, but it sure is time for me to download His ringtone so I can recognize Him when He calls.

Figuratively speaking, I'm quite happy with Verizon because of "IN" calling. Since I'm in God's family that's a FREE call. Of course, if I used T-Mobile, I could have a Fave 5! My Fave 5 would have to be Father, Son, Holy Spirit.....and, OH, Bill and Kristen!

No comments: