Thursday, July 7, 2011

God's Number

Today is 7/7 and the verse I've chosen for the day is Micah 7:7, "As for me, I look to the Lord for help.  I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me."  NLT

It is common knowledge that the number 7 denotes completion and perfection.  I've heard it called "God's Number" since He is the only One who is perfect and complete.  Today we've got double sevens in the date and the verse we're examining.  While there may be great significance in the number 7 as it is used throughout the bible, it is not something we're going to hang our hats on today.  We don't necessarily have to look at everything that may be behind a number to know that God's Word is already packed full of clear and ample truth.  We don't really have to hunt for formulas or hidden meanings when we know that He is the author of truth and He wants us to know His truth.

I say all of this simply to say, there may be wonderful and amazing things that can be uncovered in numerology, but my main focus remains upon the number one influence in my life...God.  The verse above speaks very well for me.  I look to God, alone, for my help.  I have confidence that my Savior always hears me and comes to my aid in His perfect grace, His perfect will, and His perfect timing.  I don't have to look any further for complete truth and perfection.  How do I know this?  He has proven it to me over and over again.  All I really need to know about numbers is that God's got mine...and that about sums it up.

No comments: