Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Promise

The 7/28 verse for today is 2 Samuel 7:28, "For you are God, O Sovereign Lord. Your words are truth, and you have promised these good things to your servant."  NLT

While these are King David's words to God, they might as well be mine.  The Lord promised King David many things and was faithful to deliver on His promises.  David was overcome by the grace and goodness of such a sovereign Lord.  So am I.  King David talks about God building a house for him, an eternal dynasty. 

I may not be a king or have a dynasty, as the world would perceive it, but the Lord has promised me a home, as well; an Eternal Home.  That is my Kingdom.  I certainly won't be the ruler, but I will be forever in the presence of the One who is.  That is my promise...oh what a good thing!

No comments: