Sunday, July 10, 2011

No regrets

Today is 7/10 and the corresponding verse I've chosen for the day is 2 Cor 7:10, "For God can use sorrow in our lives to help us turn away from sin and seek salvation.  We will never regret that kind of sorrow.  But sorrow without repentance is the kind that results in death."  NLT

I don't know what your story is, but I know that God has used the sorrow in my life, in my husband's life, and in our marriage, to help us turn away from sin and seek salvation.  Because of where God has brought us and what He continues to do in us, I will never regret that kind of sorrow.  Both individually and collectively, we both know our marriage would be dead and maybe we would too, had it not been for the repentance we experienced in our sorrow.  It's so amazing how God can take broken vessels and make them whole again, even better than ever.  He is into restoration.

There are only two ways to go when we face a crisis in life.  We can run to God or we can run away from Him.  When we run toward Him, He always brings life into our situation.  Some degrees of sorrow take us to the depths of our souls, and God is the only hope we have of being pulled out of our despair.  When we reach for Him, He is always there to envelope us in His loving arms.  When we give our hurt, our despair, our sorrows over to God, He holds onto us as He helps us rise above the ashes.  The only other option would be to allow ourselves to sink deeper into our despair.  It would eventually kill us, both spiritually and physically. 

God used my sorrow to lead me to Him and to live for Him.  No, I would never again want to go through some of the more frightening and lonely times I've been through on my journey towards God, but I know He used these situations to bring me closer to Him and to strengthen me in Him.  For that, I am thankful.  I have no regrets.

No comments: