Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Just Do It!

The verse for 7/6 is from Exodus 7:6-7, "Moses and Aaron did exactly what God commanded. Moses was eighty and Aaron eighty-three when they spoke to Pharaoh."  MSG

What an epitaph that would be: "She did exactly what GOD commanded."  But, how many of us would be accurately eligible for that epitaph?  I wish I could say, unequivocably, that I would; that I do everything my God commands.  However, there's a problem with that...I'm human and I still have the propensity to sin.  In my thoughts, my words, and my actions, I still sin.  Not nearly as much as I once did, but I do still break God's heart and His commands. 

So what am I to do, now that I know I'm not perfect?  Should I use it as an excuse to just sit on my laurels, because I think I'm not good enough?  Hardly.  Look at Moses and Aaron, a couple of senior citizens by any one's assessment.  Granted, Moses initially tried to get out of his job assignment, but he finally stepped up as God's man for the job.  We could use excuses, similar to those Moses first used.  I could say something like, "Lord, I'm fifty years old.  I'm getting too old and I don't speak well, nor do I particularly want to!"  To all of this, I think the Lord would kindly tell me to just let Him handle all of the minor details.  His motto would probably be, "Just do it!" 

I commend Moses and Aaron for being active and obedient seniors.  I only hope that I can be as obedient as they were, even if faced with an assignment that is an undesirable one.  While I may not be eligible for an epitaph saying that I did exactly what God commanded, I am eligible for one that says, "Her desire was to do exactly what God commanded."  I have a feeling God can use that, regardless of my age or ability.

No comments: