Saturday, July 16, 2011

How's your Fruit?

The 7/16 verse is from Matthew 7:16, "You can identify them by their fruit, that is, by the way they act. Can you pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?" NLT

Do people at work, and among your circle of influence, know that you are a Christ follower?  Is there something about the manner in which you conduct yourself and your affairs that makes you different than the average Joe?  The bible says that Christians are to be in this world, but not of it.  That means that we are to represent our beliefs and our Savior in a worthy manor.  We should be examples of integrity and grace and have have a demeanor that is desirable to others. 

I know that some of us are a little zealous in our presentation, even as Christians.  People have said that God is looking for good fruit, not religious nuts!  Our entire life should show the balance of humility, love, and grace that would represent our Lord well.  His Holy Spirit lives within us and is there to guide us, if we would only tune in; pay attention to how He directs and guides us.  That takes a good measure of surrender on our part.  Our willingness to do that, will reflect how well we can be identified in our faith.

Are you different than others in this world?  Do others know it?  Have they seen it?  Have you told your story of how Jesus made and makes a difference in your life.  The verse above references plants that yield fruit.  Is the fruit you yield good fruit or sort of rotten?  I'm working on my own garden, so my fruit will be more desirable.  I realize that, if I look like everyone else in this world and I'm not really making a difference for God's kingdom, then I am really no different than everyone else.  With God's help and my surrender, I want to be different.  Let's work on our gardens friends and bear desirable fruit.  Let's make a difference for Christ in this world.

No comments: