Saturday, September 10, 2011

Praise Him Daily

Today is 9/10 and I have a few scriptures that stand out to me.  I'm going to share three verses today.  They all speak of the greatness of our Lord. 

Job 9:10, "He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted.  NIV

Psalm 9:10, "Those who know your name trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.  NIV

Proverbs 9:10, "To be wise you must first have reverence for the Lord. If you know the Holy One, you have understanding.  GNT

If I were to encapsulate what the verses above speak to me, I would paraphrase this way:
"Our great God is beyond human comprehension, but not beyond human reach.  He has always rescued us and continues to be our Deliverer.  Even when we feel like we cannot reach Him, He reaches out to us and lifts us up.  When we trust Him, we are never left to our own devices, for His Spirit is with us - ever guiding us in His ways.  How do I know this?  He has shown me these truths repeatedly so I could learn to live in His promises.  He promised that He would give us knowledge of Him when we place Him above all things.  Knowing Him is the greatest knowledge one could ever attain.  It goes beyond human effort and intellect.  What a beautiful thing that simple surrender makes us the wisest people on earth.  Yes, He's given me an honorary PHD.  What do I do with such an honor?  I offer it back up to Him and Praise Him Daily."

No comments: