Thursday, September 1, 2011

We Will!

It's the first day of September, 9/1.  I'm choosing Psalm 9:1 for today's verse: "I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done."  NLT

It is no wonder David was a man after God's own heart!  David was a deliberate worshipper.  He purposed to praise God.  I love the way he prefaces this Psalm with his intentions, I will praise...I will tell."  His words were not hollow.  They rang true and heartfelt. 

I echo David's words in this Psalm.  I think sometimes the Lord blesses me just to see my reaction:)  Or maybe He knows I won't keep my mouth shut...I'm sure to tell others the marvelous things He has done!  But, more probably, He wants to use me to bless someone else.  He knows that if they see and hear what He has done for me, they may know that He will do just as much for them.  They may begin to realize that God is real, that He is good, and that He loves them.  That's beyond exciting to me. 

When we realize our blessings are not so much about us, but more about the goodness of God, I think we will become more and more like men and women after God's heart.  I doubt if any of us will be able to keep our mouths shut.  We will praise Him and we will tell all the marvelous things He has done!

No comments: