Monday, September 26, 2011

Show and Tell

Luke 9:26 is the verse of the day for 9/26, "If people are ashamed of me and what I say, the Son of Man will be ashamed of those people when he comes in the glory that he shares with the Father and the holy angels."  GW

Jesus did not mince words in this statement.  The meaning is pretty clear.  It should make us examine ourselves and see how we're doing in this respect.  Personally, it makes me want to pray that God will show me how I can be the kind of follower that pleases Jesus.  I pray that He will make me wise and bold in His truth and give me the courage and discernment to show and tell others just who Jesus is; how great He is, and how much He loves us. 

Dear Lord, help us to never be so influenced by the world, it's ways, and it's people, that we become ashamed and embarrassed of You and your truth.  Help us to stand on that truth and boldly proclaim our trust and faith in You.  Help us not to be deceived by the enemy and by this world.  You are the Lord God Almighty!  Yes, I pray that I will forever show and tell that truth to others.

No comments: