Friday, May 13, 2011

Ain't Nobody Gonna Burst My Bubble!

The 5/12 verse for today is Psalm 5:12, “For you bless the godly, O Lord, surrounding them with your shield of love.” (NLT)

The godly are those devoted to God. One definition of love explains it as the fatherly concern of God for humankind. In my mind, I see love as everything good, and right, and true being given to undeserving humans from a Holy God. My thought process says that to be godly, one must experience and appreciate the love of God.

What a comforting thought, to think that God surrounds the godly with His shield of love. Think about the beauty of God, Himself, giving the godly a protective barrier or cover. The very nature of the word shield indicates to me that we are in need of protection. God knows and sees the enemy of our souls and the dangers we face every day. He is responsible for keeping us from harmful elements more than we ever realize. Does it keep bad things from ever happening to us? No, we’re living in a fallen world – not a fairy tale. I know there are trials for all of us in this world. But I also know that the love of God takes us through trials with more peace than we would have, otherwise. He surrounds us with His supernatural peace.

I am so thankful for the blessings of God. My protection comes from a very real God with a very real love. It’s like my very own bubble…and I like living there.

No comments: