Thursday, May 5, 2011

Remembering Truth

The 5/5 verse of the day is Matthew 5:5, "Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth."  (NIV)

That's sort of like an oxymoron, but, then, a lot of things Jesus tells us to do seem contrary to the way of the world; His way is different than the way of the world.  I believe Jesus is telling believers to be mild and humble and let His way lead us in victory over the world and it's ways.

Another 5:5 verse that correlates well with this is 1 John 5:5, "And the ones who win this battle against the world are the ones who believe that Jesus is the Son of God."  I LOVE THAT!  I just have to remember it.  I have to remember that God gives grace to the humble, but opposes the proud.  I have to remember that I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me.  I have to remember that God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life! 

That's victory friends, and it's not in self accomplishment.  It's in surrender to God's will and way.  We just have to believe, remember, and walk in it.  God takes care of the rest.

No comments: