Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Lifter of my Head!

The 5/4 verse of the day is Mat 5:4, "God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted."  (NLT)

Mourning is what we do when we grieve a great loss.  It can be for a person, a job, a pet, a relationship, a marriage, even a way of life.  Our losses are hurts that leave empty holes in our hearts.  There's only one person I know who specializes in filling up empty heart holes...God!

I've mourned the loss of my dad and special family members.  I knew Daddy was ready to be with God and he had suffered far too long.  Somehow, knowing that he would be healed in heaven made it easier for me to let him go.  God started comforting me even before Daddy went to be with Him.  I knew I'd get to see Daddy again; God's comfort assured me of that.

I've had other kinds of losses and hurts in this life that left me so helpless, I thought I would not be able to survive.  But when I became helpless and called out to God, He came to my rescue and lifted me out the the depths of my despair.  No one else would have had a rope long enough to pull me out of my hole.  I grabbed on and held on tight.  God knew my tender heart and He handled it with loving care.  What a blessing and comfort my God is.  He is my rescuer and the lifter of my head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU8J5l1f5IU&feature=related

No comments: