Wednesday, March 23, 2011

He is faithful!

The 3/23 verse of the day is from Lamentations 3:23, "Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day." (NLT)

There were several good 3:23 verses I could have chosen to comment on today, but this one won out because it has long been a theme of mine. He has proven his faithfulness to me time and time again. I have had blessings and trials, but, through them all, I have to say that God has been more than faithful. The blessings are too numerous to count and, yes, his mercies still continue to be new every day. The trials were tough when they hit, but the mercy of God carried me and gave me strength and peace. He certainly cushioned the impact of those trials for me, as I leaned on him and trusted him. He can soften even the hardest of blows with his grace and love.

I'd be naive to think there won't be any more trials in life, because God didn't promise us a life without trials. He did promise to be with us, though, through good and bad. The world is crazy today, with all the disasters and bad things that are escalating in both frequency and intensity. People are asking where God is, to allow such horrible things to happen. I don't claim to know all the answers...it is way above my pay grade. But I believe that he is still right where he's always been. He's still in control and he still wants people that don't know him to turn to him and put their trust in Jesus to help in every and all situations.

For those of us that do know him, I think he wants us to spend more time with him so we can get to know his character and know that he is, indeed, our faithful Father. His mercies will be new again tomorrow, when we wake up to a brand new day. Embrace it and know that, no matter what, he is faithful.

No comments: