Friday, March 18, 2011

Timeless Truth

The scripture I chose to share with you that corresponds with 3/18, is Ephesians 3:18 "And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is." (NLT)

This is music to my ears. It says that ALL God's people SHOULD know - through the power of His Holy Spirit that lives within all believers - that His love for us has no limits. We can't even measure it! Yes, may we all surrender to the power of the Holy Spirit to understand such unconditional love.

The verse before this one actually arrested my heart today, as I was probing into this chapter. Eph 3:17 says, "And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your heart as you trust Him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love." The Apostle Paul was writing these words to make Christians more aware of their heavenly wealth in Christ and to encourage them to start utilizing their power source (the Holy Spirit) in their earthly walk.

It may be the year 2011, but these words are so relevant for us today. I don't know about you, but I want Christ to be at home in my heart; I want my roots to go down so deep into His love that I reflect Him inside and out. I truly believe, and have experienced, that the key to living this way is through trust and surrender to the Holy Spirit. Yes, Lord, please give us the power to understand this. After all, all God's people should.

No comments: