Sunday, March 20, 2011

Get the door!

Today is March 20th...aka the first day of Spring! The 3/20 verse I've chosen today is Revelation 3:20, "Look! Here I stand at the door and knock. If you hear me calling and open the door, I will come in and we will share a meal as friends."(NLT)

I'm drawn to the exclamation point after the word "look" in this verse. I think bells and whistles should be going off in our heads when we read this because it's like Jesus is saying, "HELLO? Don't you see me or hear me? I'd love to be your best friend; the kind of friend you can just hang out with and be yourself with over hotdogs in your back yard!" Of course, I think I need to feed Jesus something better than hotdogs. Yet, that's just the point. He wants so much to be in our lives and spend time with us, that He doesn't care if we're having peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or filet mignon. He's up for either meal, as long as He can share it with us. Because when we can be real enough to have any kind of meal with Jesus, we can be free to be ourselves and who He has called us to be. When we know Him that well and know that He knows everything about us, every meal is a feast.

So does Jesus dine with you regularly? If not, He wants to. You don't even have to make a grocery list or go shopping. He'll have whatever you're having. Is that a knock at the door? Why don't you go ahead and invite Him in. There's no other place He would rather be.

No comments: