Thursday, March 17, 2011

It's a DATE

Yeserday was March 16th. I'm a K-Love (Christian radio) listener and I heard them talking yesterday morning about sharing John 3:16 with others during the day and calling it 3:16 day. I am all about living in such a way that others don't even have to ask if we are a Christian, but I'm also about being obedient to God if He gives us an opportunity to share the reason for the hope that we have. Actually, I believe He gives us many, if we only look for them. Some people are not comfortable talking to others about the hope of the world. Me? I'll talk about Him to anyone who is willing to listen...and then some. After all He has done for me, I find it hard not to tell others about His love.

As I was thinking about 3:16, I had a thought that I would like to start diving into different scriptures representing every day of the month, just to see what nuggets I could share from God's word. I know that John 3:16 is probably one of the most recognizable scriptures in the bible. That, and the Lord's prayer in Matt 6:9-13. While many people may be skilled at reciting these passages, one has to wonder how many really ponder the words and believe the truth therein. I think we may all be shocked if we were to really know the answer to that.

As I searched for a scripture to go along with today's date, 3/17, God brought a beautiful scripture to my attention in 2 Cor 3:17:18. I really like the NASB version, "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit!!!(exclamation emphasis multiplied, and all mine:-) Talk about a nugget...this is golden. It's worth being unpacked at a later time, since it deserves a lot more than just a short explanation. For now, suffice it to say that the Lord and His Spirit within us wants us to live in the freedom He affords us and to become transformed to be more and more like Him. Can you imagine looking in the mirror and seeing Jesus? If Beth Moore were here, she'd say "Glory"! She's not, so I'll go ahead and say it for her. Glory!

We've been singing the Chris Tomlin and Christy Nockels song at church that mirrors this scripture. I'm not real good at posting links on here, so I'm pasting this in so you can copy it into your browser. It really brings the words to life. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNpusaxlDVc

I suppose I cheated a little by using two scriptures in 3:17-18, and I could say I'm done for tomorrow, 3/18, but God has really blessed me with this exercise and I've already started looking for 3:18 scriptures for tommorrow. There's a bunch of good ones, let me tell you. I may have a hard time sharing just one. I hope you join me on this adventure, because I know God can show us all great and wonderful things in His word - much better than I can come up with on my own. Tune in daily for His truth. It's a date!

1 comment:

Cheryl Jackson-Edwards said...

Carolynn,

Your a blessing to us all! Glory is right! I'm really looking forward to "Coffee with Carolynn"! I think everyone likes to be inspired?! And this inspired me...Thank you!
Blessings,
Cheryl E.