Monday, March 21, 2011

The Ultimate Make-over

The 3/21 verse of the day is from Philippians 3:21, "He will take these weak mortal bodies of ours and change them into glorious bodies like his own, using the same mighty power that he will use to conquer everything, everywhere." (NLT)

I love that this says he will change our weak mortal bodies into glorious bodies 'like his own'. Reason #1001 that I am looking forward to heaven! Jesus is PERFECT in every way. If scripture can be trusted, and I know it can, we can believe that our expectations of heaven will be far surpassed...and then some!

With all our body image issues these days, I think we can agree that this will be the mother of all make-overs. The beauty of this supernatural make-over, though, is that we cannot even really comprehend what it will be like. I think our minds (that part of our body that is always fraught with over-analytical and limited human perspective) will become such, that body image will no longer matter to us. Now that will be a miracle! I believe this is because our thoughts and feelings won't be self-focused anymore. We will be absorbed with the beauty of the Lord.

I think he's given us the bonus plan in multiple ways; one being that he will change our bodies to be like his own. We'd give anything to have that here on earth and I have to believe that, in heaven, we will have it, but we won't even give it a thought. How ironic and upside down. It makes me smile at the heavenly perspective of God. I am so thankful that He is so much wiser and had a plan before we were even born to take away our diseases and shortcomings, arthritic knees and double chins included, and give us glorious bodies. I still don't know what that looks like, but sign me up...I'm in!

No comments: