Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Great Saving Plan

August is going to be a great month to share some of my favorite scripture, because Romans, Chapter 8, is one of my favorite chapters in the entire bible.  If you have never read it, or haven't done so in a while, please take this opportunity to check it out.  I will probably be sharing from it quite often this month.

I can only suppose that the devil doesn't want everyone to know about The Great Saving Plan.  My entire Google account got hacked today and I couldn't access the account for a while and I lost today's entry.  I pray that all is rectified and this one gets published.

Today is 8/3 and the perfect verse for today, or ANY day, is Romans 8:3, "The law of Moses could not save us, because of our sinful nature.  But God put into effect a different plan to save us.  He sent His own Son, in a human body like ours, except that ours are sinful.  God destroyed sin's control over us by giving His Son as a sacrifice for our sins."  NLT

What a plan!  I'll take it!  Who wouldn't?!  No one in their right mind would turn down such a great deal, would they?  Well, I guess I wasn't always in my right mind.  For a while, I was arrogant enough to think I was smarter than God and I rejected Him and His plan for my life.  But God forgave my sin and loved me anyway.  Through Jesus, our Great Redeemer, my sins were forgiven.  In, with, and through Him we can gain all the forgiveness and security we will ever need.  It cost God everything, but is freely offered to us.  I cannot think of a better Saving Plan. 

No comments: