Monday, August 15, 2011

What's Next, Papa?!

The book of Romans is just too rich...I absolutely LOVE it!  I am taking advantage of this 8th month - August - to share one of my favorite chapters in the bible and parlay many of the gems therein.  For 8/15, 8/16 and 8/17, let's check out how the Message communicates Romans 8:15-17:
"This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It's adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike "What's next, Papa?" God's Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who he is, and we know who we are: Father and children. And we know we are going to get what's coming to us—an unbelievable inheritance! We go through exactly what Christ goes through. If we go through the hard times with him, then we're certainly going to go through the good times with him!"

What if we really lived like this; like God wants us to?  What if we woke up expectantly every day with a childlike, "What's next, Papa?"  I imagine our lives would be radically different.  I imagine we would experience relationship with our God on a much deeper and intimate level.  I imagine it would be awesome!

Here's a thought...let's do it!  Let's greet our Father with expectancy each morning, walk in His presence daily, and bask in how much He loves us as He tucks us in at night.  He's the King and we are His children.  There is absolutely nothing more exciting than that.  Will you join me in saying, "What's next, Papa?!"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great review, I like your post.

www.zojirushibreadmachine.com