Tuesday, August 23, 2011

We hear you, Lord!

On 8/23 I want to share a couple of verses.  They are very special to me and remind me that our God is ever-present and ever-caring!

And he prayed, “O Lord, God of Israel, there is no God like you in all of heaven above or on the earth below. You keep your covenant and show unfailing love to all who walk before you in wholehearted devotion." 1 Kings 8:23 - NLT

"So we fasted and earnestly prayed that our God would take care of us, and he heard our prayer."
Ezra 8:23 - NLT

All I can say is, "I hear you Lord...I'm listening!"  He has reminded us, with these two very timely verses, that He is in control.  Yesterday, we started an unplanned 21-day prayer campaign at our church.  In bold faith and belief in a God who owns everything, we are seeking Him in prayer to change our hearts.  A week ago, we were making our plans.  Today, God is ordering our steps.  It is obvious that His plan doesn't always look like ours - it is so much better!

He is above all things, Lord of all, Maker of heaven and earth!  We humbley give Him our full devotion and leave the results up to Him. 







5 comments:

Paul Meegan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul Meegan said...

Carolynn, I love that you share your faith & love of God with us. Thank you and may God bless you & your family.

Paul
John 3:30

Patty Sumner said...

Amen Carolyn! We make plan and God has to just laugh.....It is so much more wonderful when we allow God to direct our steps! Blessings and I pray you hear a great Word. Excited to hear what God does at your church.

Carolynn said...

Thanks for your encouragement guys. God's love is amazing. We're clinging to Him and waiting with great faith!

Paul Meegan said...

Ever since I read the recent book titled, "Whispers" by Bill Hybels, I've heard God more clearly .. Thank you for the reminder to listen