Sunday, October 2, 2011

Ditch the Stinking Thinking

The 10/2 verse of the day is from Ecclesiastes 10:2, "Wise thinking leads to right living; Stupid thinking leads to wrong living." MSG

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what this verse is telling us, yet how many of us have found ourselves on the wrong side, knee-deep in wrong living?  I know I have been there and I would venture to say that most of us can admit to a few bouts of messed-up thinking in our lifetime.  I wish I could say that I'm past that kind of thinking, but that might be a little premature.  You see, in my own little world, I can quickly revert to stinking thinking.  I need God's wisdom and guidance, every day, to help me live right.

I'm thankful that God didn't give up on any of us, that His grace gives us a few mulligans in this thing called life.  Where would we be without His amazing grace?  I cannot speak for everyone, but stupidity is not something I want to live by.  I'd much rather ditch the stinking thinking and choose wisdom. 

No comments: