Monday, October 24, 2011

Third Day - A Worship Response

Yesterday, I had the great opportunity to go see the Christian musicians, Third Day, in concert.  I say that, rather loosely, because the word concert doesn't even do justice to a Third Day experience.  We had church, Y'all!  I've seen them several times, but this time was the best.  There's something about a second row seat that gives you renewed passion and appreciation for an authentic worship band.  It's our Savior we're singing to, and about, but surrendered vessels usher in God's Spirit mighty fine.  He was welcomed; He was honored; He was adored! 

I'm making up for not posting a verse yesterday by doubling up today.  Hebrews is one of my favorite books of the bible.  It's fitting that I'm talking about worship, above, because the book of Hebrews talks a lot about the old way people used to worship God, before Jesus came and died for us, and how the sacrifice of Jesus changed all that.  The sacrifice of Jesus' blood and body for our sins gives us an up-close-and-personal kind of access to worship.  I was up close to the worship band, Third Day, yesterday.  But we were all worshipping Jesus directly.  I didn't have to go through the lead singer to get to God...God was already in our presence.  The death and resurrection of Jesus, on the Third Day, created a whole new world of possibilities for us.  Our response should be to worship Him.

I am grateful to a Savior who has saved me; a Savior who I can call on anytime, anywhere, and any way!  I want to worship Him always and I live tell others about the hope I have in Him so they can experience the same joy and love that I have.  So, with all that said, I will leave you with Hebrews 10:23-24 as the verses I want to share for yesterday and today, "Let us hold on firmly to the hope we profess, because we can trust God to keep his promise.  Let us be concerned for one another, to help one another to show love and to do good."  GNT

No comments: