Tuesday, October 18, 2011

He volunteered!

The 10/18 verse of the day is John 10:18, "No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded."  NLT

We've watched, in horror, the movie - The Passion of the Christ - wherein Jesus is beaten, flogged, scourged, and tortured to the point of being unrecognizable.  We've felt anger and indignation towards those we thought were responsible for His death.  However, the verse above reveals that Jesus knew the plan....and He went along with it - willingly!  No one else was responsible for the death of Jesus.  He gave His life voluntarily, all for us!  He knew His blood was the only acceptable price for our sins and He gave Himself up so we could live forever in heaven with Him.  Such love can never be equaled.

What an amazing Savior and Lord.  God's plan was to give everything He had, and was, in order to give us what we could never have, or be, on our own.  Jesus was, and still is, the plan and He always knew it.  How about you?  Do you know Jesus is the only plan that will give you eternal life?  He lay down His life for you and me.  When we surrender our life to Him, we are the ones getting the deal of a lifetime...and beyond.


No comments: