Sunday, October 16, 2011

Rejoicing in God's Plan

My apologies for missing several days of verses.  My mom became very ill on October 11th and her soul left this earth on October 12th and entered her heavenly home.  I mourn her presence, but I rejoice that she has finally made it home.  She no longer has the discomforts and restraints of an earthly mind and body.  Now, she is in the presence of her Lord and she has been reunited with the loved ones who have gone on before her, including my dad.  I know she is looking forward to the day the rest of her loved ones will join her forever.  She was a wonderful mother who loved her family and loved her God.  I loved her very much and I will miss her greatly.  Yet, I know she is happier now than she has ever been.  She would not come back if she could and I wouldn't ask her to.  I know she is right where God wants her and I am blessed to have had her for a mom as long as I did.

Considering that I missed posting for several days, I've chosen several verses from Hebrews to encompass several days.  This passage represents the new covenant and God's perfect plan to redeem us through His perfect son, Jesus.  I think it is very appropriate since my mom knew that Jesus was her high priest; that He had made the ultimate sacrifice, once and for all, for her sins and the sins of the world. 

The Message translates Hebrews 10:11-18 like this, "Every priest goes to work at the altar each day, offers the same old sacrifices year in, year out, and never makes a dent in the sin problem. As a priest, Christ made a single sacrifice for sins, and that was it! Then he sat down right beside God and waited for his enemies to cave in. It was a perfect sacrifice by a perfect person to perfect some very imperfect people. By that single offering, he did everything that needed to be done for everyone who takes part in the purifying process. The Holy Spirit confirms this:
This new plan I'm making with Israel isn't going to be written on paper, isn't going to be chiseled in stone; This time "I'm writing out the plan in them, carving it on the lining of their hearts."  He concludes, I'll forever wipe the slate clean of their sins.  Once sins are taken care of for good, there's no longer any need to offer sacrifices for them."

I know my mom was thankful that Jesus paid the price and made the sacrifice for her sins.  Because she believed that and trusted in Him, she is now going to be with Him forever.  That is good news for her and good news for me.  I will see her again some day and be with her and Jesus for eternity.  My heart rejoices in that truth.  God's plan is perfect.

No comments: