Monday, October 3, 2011

Divine Weapons

The verse I've chosen for 10/3 is from 2 Cor 10:3.  The NLT says, "We are human, but we don’t wage war as humans do."

As Christians, we should stand apart from the shenanigans of this world.  That's not something we can accomplish on our own.  But, alas, we don't have to.  God equips and empowers us to overcome.  One of my favorite references is Zondervan's Freedom In Christ bible, edited by Neil Anderson.  I love the way God's truth and wisdom is supported in the insightful commentary.  My closing comments are gleaned from that commentary.

This verse is talking about mental strongholds.  Every believer has divine weapons at their disposal to tear down these mental strongholds.  Mental strongholds are raised up against the knowledge of God.  Since the knowledge of God is Truth, these mental strongholds can be construed as anything that opposes God's truth.  Our weaponry is powered by the "mind of Christ" and the Spirit of truth within us, as believers.  I don't know about you, but I have a hard time coming up with anything that is even remotely that powerful.  I'm opting for the divine weapons.





No comments: