Saturday, October 29, 2011

Read and Believe

Good day my friends!  Today, I'm going free-style.  I'm just sharing what is on my heart.  That being said, I still gotta share some scripture, because truth is so exciting.  I LOVE this passage from John 20:30-31!  "In his disciples' presence Jesus performed many other miracles which are not written down in this book.  But these have been written in order that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that through your faith in him you may have life." GNT

Many accounts of Jesus' life are told by different writers in the gospels.  John, however, has the dubious distinction of sharing some stories not mentioned elsewhere in scripture.  He talks about the miracle at Cana, Nicodemus, the Samaritan woman at the well, the lame man at the pool of Bethesda, the man born blind, and Lazarus being raised from the dead.  Those are some major stories from our Book of life.  Many of us have been impacted by these stories.  I think that is why I love this passage so very much.  It clearly says, "But these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God."

I'm thankful that God inspired John to share with us these truths in His Word.  All of these stories build my faith and help me believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God.  I'm one in a long line of people who have believed.  These stories were written specifically for you and me to read them and to believe.  They're compelling.  I urge you to pick up the bible and have the best read you've had in a long while.  The stories, therein, will make a believer out of you.  After all, that is their purpose.

No comments: