Sunday, October 9, 2011

Salvation 101

It's 10/9 and today's verse is from Roman 10:9, "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."  NLT

Every verse in the bible has great significance and all contribute to the truth that God wants us to read, hear, and know in order to be saved from our sins and spend eternity with Him.  Yet, if I could pick some verses that, by themselves, closely represent the big picture entirely, this verse would have to be among them.  This verse is like gold!  It requires conscious action that bears a promise; the most important action and the most important promise anyone could ever imagine.  It's what I like to refer to as Salvation 101.  

I believe this verse with my whole heart, soul, and mind.  I believe you should too.  I have studied this verse and taken the actions instructed therein.  Because of that, I have received the promise of salvation.  How about you?  Have you confessed with your mouth that Jesus is Lord?  Have you believed in your heart that God raised Him from the dead?  If you have, then congratulations - you are saved!  If you haven't, please consider doing so.  God went to the greatest lengths to be in relationship with us and to make a way for us to be with Him forever.  He tells us clearly, in this verse, what we must do to be saved.  We all have a choice to believe in Jesus or to ignore Him.  I hope you choose to believe.  Your salvation and your eternal home depends upon your choice. 


No comments: