Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Artist God

The 4/13 verse of the day is Amos 4:13, "He who forms the mountains, creates the wind, and reveals his thoughts to man, he who turns dawn to darkness, and treads the high places of the earth-- the Lord God Almighty is his name!" (NIV)

I have always had a great appreciation for God's creation, but when we had the opportunity to live near Boulder, CO for a couple of years, I felt like I was living in a 3D art show...and the artist was our Creator God. Not only did I move from Kentucky to Colorado, but I moved from feeling appreciation for God's creation to feelings of awe and wonder, love and praise for the Creator, himself. I may not be a very cultured kind of girl, but I know the ultimate artist and I've seen a few free shows. I am an avid fan now and I want to see so much more of his wonderful artwork and beauty.

I find myself taking snapshots like a crazy fool! If you could see my camera on my phone, you would think I've lost my mind. I have more clouds, sunsets, oceans, mountains and flowers than you could shake a stick at. I see it, feel it, and want to capture it! I'm always shouting, "God, you're GOOD!" I think he knew that I need reminded of who he is in every way possible. He sets pictures before me, so I cannot deny his power and wonder. He makes me feel like he is lavishing beautiful, wonderful gifts upon me that touch my heart, mind and soul. I feel him in the sun, the stars, the moon and the wind. And when I see him and feel him, there is no doubt that the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY is his name!

No comments: