Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My most trusted favorite

The 4/26 verse for today is Proverbs 4:26, "Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path."  (NLT)

When I'm going to an unfamiliar place, I have to rely on my GPS, map quest, or some navigation tool to get me there.  In years past my guide would have been a road map, but in today's culture that may seem outdated.  I mean, who needs to unfold the pages and figure out all the turns when we can just have a voice tell us where to turn and when to do it?  We can even choose a variety of languages and dialects for the voice that, literally, tells us where to go.  That's just a slight upgrade on your run-of-the-mill road map.

I have several "favorites" saved in my GPS.  These are regular places to which I often travel, mostly for work.  Most of the time I know how to get there on my own, but when I'm in a busy area and the places I start or end up get juggled around, I need to just be able to push in a favorite and let the voice do the talking.  That trusted favorite gets me where I need to go, time and time again.

Life is a little bit like that, I think.  Our journeys get busy and confusing.  Sometimes we make a wrong turn and go down a broken road.  But we can always find our way back to the right path with the proper navigation system; God's word.  Unlike regular road maps or technology that becomes outdated, the bible has timeless direction.  It is forever enhanced by a voice called the Holy Spirit.  This voice can direct us in the best pathway for our lives.  If we listen to His voice, our path will become straighter and safer.  Now that's the direction I want to go.  God's way is by far my most trusted favorite!

No comments: