Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

The 4/24 verse for today is Rom 4:24, "It was for us, too, assuring us that God will also declare us to be righteous if we believe in God, who brought Jesus our Lord back from the dead."  (NLT)

The following verse, Rom 4:25, goes on to say, "He was handed over to die because of our sins, and He was raised from the dead to make us right with God."

The verses above are referring to Abraham and how he believed God and, because of that belief in God, he was declared righteous.  Without God declaring us righteous, we have no hope.  But, especially on this day, Resurrection Day, I'm reminded that God made a way, not only for Abraham, but for me, for you, for all of us...if we only believe.

Resurrection Day marks the day that the stone was rolled away, it could not hold our Saviour!  He has risen and He lives!  Be still, my heart....no one has ever done, or will ever do, anything that monumental for me.  I can't say "Thank You Jesus!" enough.  But I want to.  Especially today, I want to say "Happy Thanksgiving!", because I am filled with thanks for my Saviour.  He suffered, died, and rose again....all so I could live forever in eternity if I believed in Him.  I do believe and I call this a glorious day.

Some may call it Easter, but I say, "Happy Thanksgiving!!!"

No comments: