Thursday, April 28, 2011

Love said "YES"!

The verse I've chosen for 4/28 is John 4:28.  For the sake of completion and understanding, I will quote both John 4:28 and 4:29, "The woman left her water jar beside the well and went back to her village and told everyone, 'Come and meet a man who told me everything I ever did!  Could this be the Messiah?'"  (NLT)

I have a fondness for today's date, 4/28, because it is my 27th wedding anniversary to my wonderful husband, Bill.  I can relate to the woman at the well because there was a time in our marriage when the consequences of sin had me in denial and isolation.  I didn't want to be around anyone who may know the truth about the mess my marriage had become.  Yet, when I was thirsty for a Savior to change me and my marriage, Jesus was there to reveal to me that He knew my condition and He loved me anyway.  I am so grateful to Him for His loving grace and so grateful to my husband for saying "Yes" to Jesus and, therefore, "Yes" to us. 

Just like the woman at the well, I want to go tell everyone about the man that knew everything about me!  I am convinced that He is the Messiah.  Because I met Jesus and have gotten to know Him, my life has been changed forever.  I'm thankful that I've been married 27 years to a man who has become the mate God intended for me; a man whose heart has been molded by God to love me and honor me as his treasured wife.  I love him so much and I'm thankful that our marriage honors God and puts Him first.  That is indeed the secret to our success. 

But, most of all, I'm thankful for Jesus, the Messiah, who met me where I was and loved me anyway.  I will spend a lifetime telling everyone about Him and an eternity thanking and praising Him.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Happy anniversary you two!! We really miss you guys.
In Christ,
Amy (Liddle). :)

Carolynn said...

Thanks Amy! We miss you too. Love you much<3