Saturday, April 23, 2011

Heart choices

The 4/23 verse of the day is Proverbs 4:23, "Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life."  (NLT)

The Heart...an amazing organ.  God designed it to sustain our lives physically and spiritually.  It's interesting that when we talk about love we sometimes picture a heart.  When we feel things, we know the heart is one big sensory organ for allowing us those sensations.  The heart is our lifesource and it pumps our blood throughout our body to other organs, thereby giving them life as well.

When we say our heart is broken, it usually means that we have felt something to the depths of our soul, most often toward something or someone else, and something has happened to affect or sever that relationship in some way.  I have had heart break and heart ache in life.  I think it's safe to say that none of us are exempt from that.  But something always comes back to me when I reflect upon those times.  It is what was within my heart during those times that helped me deal with my hurt.  It is what is within my heart now that helps me live my life in a meaningful way.  It is who is within my heart that makes all the difference in the world to me.

Before I asked Jesus to come into my heart, it was physically healthy.  But it was spiritually dead.  You know, just because we're alive, doesn't mean we know how to live.  The blood pumping through my heart and body gave me physical life.  I needed more.  So, by inviting Jesus into my heart, I got a heart transplant.  He gave me His life, His blood and His Holy Spirit. 

Now that I have the true lifesource inside my heart, there's a HUGE difference in my quality of life.  It's sure to help me make the wisest decisions for my life.  I'm so grateful for my heart transplant.  This heart choice will determine the best course for my life.  That's enough incentive to guard it well.

No comments: