Monday, April 18, 2011

Forecast: Sunny and Bright!

The 4/18 verse of the day is Prov 4:18, "The ways of right-living people glow with light; the longer they live, the brighter they shine." (Message)

As I was driving home from work today, I heard a great version of "This Little Light of Mine." Funny, one of the singers was Bruce Springsteen, and I had never heard him sing it. I like his music, but, I have no idea where he stands spiritually. He sure does have a great platform from which to shine a bright light though, doesn't he?

I think of people like Mother Teresa and Corrie Ten Boom. Their lights kept glowing brighter throughout their lifetimes, but death could not even extinguish the glow; it shines brighter today than ever before.

I want to become a light so bright that people have to start wearing sunglasses around me. Right now I feel like I'm more like a partly-cloudy kind of gal, but I'm hoping for more and more sunshine as the days go by. This little light of mine...I'm gonna let it shine...so get your Ray-Ban's ready!

No comments: