Sunday, June 19, 2011

Beyond the Curtain

The verse for 6/19 is Hebrews 6:19, "This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary."  NLT

An anchor is something that keeps us from drifting.  When we "hold on" to the anchor we are secure.  Earlier verses in this chapter of Hebrews talk about God's oath to us, His promise to bless us for our faith and patience.  God does not lie, He promises to be our refuge and tells us we can take courage and hold on to His promise with confidence.  The verse above is talking about this confidence in our Father.

God's inner sanctuary is a place that requires us to hold on to the anchor.  Life makes us drift sometimes, and we get lost.  But Jesus has gone before us, to allow us to lay hold of God's promises.  The anchor never drifts.  We just have to let go of other cumbersome things is our life, so our hands will be free to hold on to the anchor. 

I don't know about you, but I want to go beyond the curtain to God's inner sanctuary.  His anchor keeps me from drifting too far so I can stay grounded in Him.  Thank you, my Father, for this hope and confidence that your promises are true.  My prayer is that I will hold fast to You and your promises and that the inner sanctuary will become a place of great familiarity for me.

No comments: