Wednesday, June 22, 2011

In Life's Jungle

Today is 6/22.  The verse for today is from Daniel 6:22, ""My God sent his angel, who closed the mouths of the lions so that they would not hurt me. I've been found innocent before God and also before you, O king. I've done nothing to harm you." MSG

Daniel's experience in an actual lion's den, makes me think of how many times I've been in my own virtual lions' dens.  I know many of you can relate.  There should have been no way on earth that Daniel could survive his adventure with the lions.  Yet, not only did he survive, but he wasn't even injured.  There wasn't a scratch on him.  His God had protected him by shutting the lions' mouths!

This story really impresses me for many reasons, but one of the most significant is how Daniel's situation was used to bring glory to God.  The king was so moved by God's protection of his servant Daniel, that he declared Him to be the living God!  Daniels faith in God and God's faithfulness to Daniel, had just come full circle.  Somehow, I think that happens often.

With my own struggles in life, I've come to realize that I can still trust God.  I could have been destroyed, but God shut the mouths of the lions who wanted to devour my life.  My lions were infidelity, cancer, financial troubles, fear, and doubt...to name a few!  They could have eaten me alive, but I know my God protected me.  I cannot help but praise Him as I come out of the lion's den.  I pray that, like Daniel, people will see that I trust God and that He has protected me. 

Yes, in life's jungle, I've been in a lion's den, or two.  But I hope that my God has been glorified because of it.  How about you?  Have you been in your own lion's den?  Are you there now?  My prayer for you reflects what the king said to Daniel, "May your God, whom you worship continuously, rescue you!"

No comments: