Saturday, June 18, 2011

The King's Kid

The verse for 6/18 is from 2 Cor 6:18, "I will be your father, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."  GNT

Tomorrow is Father's Day.  I was fortunate to have a wonderful earthly father.  But, there are many people who do not have that privilege.  My husband did not have the love or presence of his earthly father.  He didn't realize, until much later in life, how many wounds are inflicted from the abandonment of a father.  People are often left scared and find themselves looking for significance in all the wrong places. 

My husband's story doesn't end here, though.  It actually begins.  When he was at his lowest, he opened his heart to the love of his Heavenly Father.  His Father God embraced him and reminded him that He had always been with him; Bill had just been looking in the wrong places.  God promised Bill that He would be his Father and that Bill would be His son.  What a deal.  Bill became adopted into the Royal Family.  Now he's the King's Kid!

On Father's Day, tomorrow, I think about my wonderful Dad and I rejoice that he is with His Father in Heaven.  I also rejoice that, next to my dad, my husband is the best earthly father I know.  He's the baby daddy!  He loves our daughter with his whole heart and has her best interest at heart.  He makes her laugh and he makes her feel loved.  He's an A#1 Dad in my eyes.  But, I also rejoice that he can celebrate Father's Day every day because of his Heavenly Father.  His Abba Father knows every hair on his head and His thoughts of him outnumber the grains of sand.  He is the apple of His eye.  And when he wakes in the morning, He is still with him.  What a wonderful Father!

I send out my love to all the fathers in my life; my earthly father, my wonderful husband, and my Abba Father!  Happy Father's Day!

No comments: