Monday, June 27, 2011

Exercising in Futility

The 6/27 verse is Matthew 6:27, "Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? Of course not." NLT

Jesus spends quiet a bit of time and effort telling us how futile it is to worry. As a matter of fact, He tells us NOT to worry! If there was ever something easier said than done, I think it might be adopting the principle of not worrying. Human nature and doubt seem to have us wringing our hands a lot, when we should be raising them. Why can't we just trust Jesus and His words and turn our worries over to Him? I wish I knew; I would be on to something.

So I guess I get more exercise than I realized. But far too often, it is the wrong kind of exercise. I tend to exercise in futility at times, when I give in to worry. I would be much better served to let God be God and give my worries over to Him. I am going to try to exercise my faith more, and my worry less. There is no doubt which is the healthier option, both spiritually and physically. It's time to lift my hands in surrender and praise and learn to exercise more in faith. Who wants to be my exercise buddy?

No comments: