Monday, June 13, 2011

Daily Surrender

The 6/13 verse for the day is Romans 6:13, "Do not let any part of your body become an instrument of evil to serve sin. Instead, give yourselves completely to God, for you were dead, but now you have new life. So use your whole body as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God."  (NLT)

Sometimes I need daily reminders of what Jesus did for me on the cross.  In view of His sacrifice, I am blessed with new life.  My mind should think better.  My eyes should see things in a new light.  My heart should burst with love for the grace my Savior has given me.  And my hands and feet should serve God and others.  I should know that each new day is a day the Lord has made, and rejoice and be glad in it! 

Unfortunately, I don't always do these things, but I want to.  I think daily reinforcement of focusing on God and His Word would help me to use my whole body for His glory.  This verse says to give ourselves completely to God.  I think that is a daily surrender.  As I opened my eyes this morning, I am reminded to thank God for the miracle of life.  He doesn't have to give me another day, but He has done just that.  What am I going to do with this day?  Today, I choose to praise Him with my mind, my heart, my body, and my soul.  Today, I give myself completely to God so I can glorify Him with my entire body.  It changes everything.  O, what a beautiful day!

No comments: